Monday, December 26, 2005

pretty much...

this is pretty much my last post of the year... pretty much the last moor... the last sigh....
-----------------------------

We did have an awesome trek. 5000 ft of wild(ly) imposing raw terrain. (Wow!! That is just the phrase!) For the whole of the 10km trek (one way), there would been hardly a flat stretch of 300m-400m. And much of it was an inclination of 45 degrees or more which ensured that climbing down was as tough as the onward journey.

After a full 32 hours, my thighs and calf muscles are still aching for the grind! ;)

There were quite a few technicalities/fundaas involved. For example, people sometimes mistake the Kshesh Giri as the final accessible point and return. But there is a way through the forest and a dry waterfall (if it is not dry, you gotta take another circuitous route round the rocks) to take you to Pushpa Giri, the highest point of Kumara Parvatha, the second highest peak in Karnataka ?)

And another, the forest officials had banned trekking beyond the checkpost due to one researcher/scientist getting lost (and found after a week or so) during the August rains and the subsequent negative publicity. We were the first guys to get the permission after the ban, thanks to our efforts and my cousin's friend whose mother is with the Wildlife Dept, Aranya Bhavan. (After us, some 4 groups sneaked on to the top!)

If not for Mr. Bhattre at Giri Gadde, providing food and shelter midway, I think it would been impossible a trek to the top.

BTW, that dry waterfall wall fulfilled my dreams of rock climbing! :)

I would post the pics, Bhattre's phone number and some more sometime next year. For now, I gotta get ready for my HYD-CNAI flight..
-----------------------------

I saw her.. in the (very same exact) white embroidered baba (or bebe or babe or beba brand) salwar. And my mind skipped a beat.. heart beat a retreat..
-----------------------------


as another year draws to a close..
my dreams are yet unfulfilled..
are they turning sour?
or is it just my wants.. ?

Bhaskar
(May the Force and the Peace be with you in the New Year!)

1 comment:

Neha said...

i'm gonna do this someday too :)
post the pics soon!!

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...