Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Images of Butter Chicken!

Aloha!

I'm in Texas.. finally reached here yesterday evening after a delay of about 20hrs. It was one hell of a trip!! Battered by the Hurricane (Emily?), oxygen masks on the flight, re-routed through Denver et al.. But then, guys, I have arrived! ;)

Bhaskar
PS: I'll keep adding to this post.. so, you keep checkin' this one!

-------------------------------------

It was as good a start as I or anyone could have hoped for. In fact, I was wondering whats with my luck these days!!

On my international flight, I was sitting in between 4 girls :) On one side was a girl from Infosys, Pune and the other side from Wipro, Hyderabad and another girl, I dont know from where, by the side of the first girl ...she didnt speak much and was sleeping the whole time. Infywali was veeery sweet and she accompanied me all the way upto Minneapolis. We got talking from the start and it was fun! Wiprowali was like 'hmm.. I know you guys..' types and I thought she was putting up an airs, but after sometime she also started talking. She got down at Amsterdam.

---------------------------------------

Went around Minneapolis and St. Paul with my cousin, his friends and one of my schooltime friends.. watching bikini babes at lake Calhoun ;) shopping at the Mall of America-the biggest mall in the US, riding on the metro/tram to the downtown, lunching at an Indian restaurant - Surabhi etc etc.. was really cool. I also did some rock climbing at the entertainment park within the Mall of America.. It was great and would like to do it again!

They guys have been in the US for close to a year now.. They were introducing me the babes of US in general...
"There are 2 categories - one that doesnt take care of their body and one that does. And in the second category, there is no one who is a direct reject!!"
"There is a lot of skin shows. After a while, one gets tired of them. Indian girls (back in India) are the best. They know how little to show so as to keep the interest going!! ;)"

Well..well.. I say.. thats only 'after a while'. And I'm going to be here only for a while!! ;)

-----------------------------------------

And then, I was waiting at the Minneapolis airport to board my flight to Austin. One flight was taxing on the runway ready to take off and it grinded to a halt on the runway itself. I was wondering what was happening.. In a few mins, I couldnt see the flight at all. visibility was hardly for some 10-20m. And rains and strong winds started lashing against the glass walls of the airport. It was terrifying.

After about half an hour, everything subsided and we got onto the flight. Our plane started moving and stopped short on the runway. I could see some 6 planes on each side of the runway lined up in front of us. And many more joined behind us. It seems there are some regulations that call for extra distance between flights in such weather conditions... It was some 3 hours wait on the runway before our flight could finally take-off..

I thought we were set finally.. little did i realize that i would end-up in Denver instead of Austin..

--------------------------------------------

to be added.. !!

7 comments:

Jam said...

Bhasky,

Have fun at the US of A. Enjoy maadi, and keep updating the blog.

Cheers..........Jam

Deez said...

am still looking for the butter chicken connection.......

Anonymous said...

jam
willdo!
deez
keeplooking!!
Bhaskar

Govar said...

Awesome bhasky... have lotsa fun. Upload pix and keep us updated.

Deez said...

hmmmmmmm.........

Anonymous said...

hey so ur finally in the US.. n wat a start..lol..wats with the butter chicken though?

Do keep updating ur blog n keep writing in..

Jammy said...

grrrrrrrrr (I'm supposed to be jealous. Right? ;) )

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...