Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Madras isShtyle!!!


The first time I saw it on a JC Penney's catalogue, I thought it was a coincidence... But, it did remind me immediately of the lungis I saw in my childhood...

I checked the next catalogue I got (yeah, we are getting a lotta spam in our postal box!) and there it was, with more colors and types.... Then, I was sure the city I grew up has inspired a whole new style... the Madras style.... !!!!

I did some research online... check these out for yourself!!!!
www.capemadras.com

Check this one out especially... they even show an authentic Madras lungi... the guy on a cycle with the girl behind!! Click on the "India" section at the last...

More Madras ishtyle!

And a lot more here...

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...