Thursday, March 06, 2014

Middle Class Mentality!!

There is a world of difference between financial security and financial freedom - imagine this - a prisoner in a cell gets food and water every day, gets his/her prison clothes and a roof above their head - is that security or freedom?

------
While I am thinking about my and my family's future, I cannot help but think whether I am doing the best I can and whether I am doing enough.

Invariably, I am thinking about values and all the good things I would like to inculcate in my kid. That is one aspect of my "middle class" upbringing, I am sure - Respect for people, Treat everyone equally, Be humble, Listen before you speak, etc. Most of them, if not all, are good and can apply to anyone - rich, poor or middle class.

But along with that, I have come to realize, are notions of money and security deeply ingrained given the same upbringing.. “go to school, work hard, get a good job, save your money, buy a house, save for your family and retirement, live within your means, ... " and a whole bunch of other things - are these good?

After going thru a series of thought-provoking books, articles and videos, I am convinced that this is a conditioned mentality that has been so carefully ingrained in all of us - conditioned especially, by the richest 1%, to their benefit. Of course, they would like us all to work hard for them and make them richer!!!

Robert Kiyasaki of "Rich Dad Poor Dad" fame has been one of my biggest change agents of this time.

I cannot cover everything in one post... but, for starters, I realize I need to first arm myself with financial education -> because that is the distinction between the rich and the non-rich.

Watch this video and get a glimpse of "how to be rich" (hint: learn their game!!) 

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...