Friday, December 15, 2006

Donnie Darko!

I am midway into this movie... I started watching 'cos I liked the cast.. But the movie - it seems quite weird / intriguing (I'll say which when I finish seeing it)!!
But I liked this opening song...
---------

Under blue moon, I saw you #
So soon, you'll take me #
Up in your arms, too late to beg you #
Or cancel it, though I know it must be #

The killing time #
Unwillingly mine #
Fate #
Up against your will #
Through the thick and thin #

He will wait until #
You give yourself to him #
In starlit nights I saw you #
So cruelly you kissed me #
Your lips a magic world #
Your sky all hung with jewels #

The killing moon #
Will come too soon #
Fate #
Up against your will #
Through the thick and thin... #

-----------------------------------------

Well.. Its an intriguing movie alright! The director has tried to weave together a science fictional topic like time warps with the weird stuff like schizoprenia into an intriguing plot.. Though it has come well in most of the places, on the whole it does seem that only the cast carries it all the way to the climax.

"Donnie Darko" is an extraordinary look at one teenager as he attempts to come to grips with the theory of time travel, the search for answers to the existence of God, and the secret knowledge the world will soon end, while battling an assortment of hallucinations and delusions. The film's a dark coming-of-age tale told by way of a provocative script, and superbly acted out by Jake Gyllenhaal and a highly recognizable cast of supporting players. It's strange and twisted, yet charming, thought provoking and highly original.

To quote the first-time writer/director Richard Kelly, "Maybe it's the story of Holden Caulfield, resurrected in 1988 by the spirit of Phillip K. Dick, who was always spinning yarns about schizophrenia and drug abuse breaking the barriers of space and time. Or it's a black comedy foreshadowing the impact of the 1988 Presidential election, which is really the best way to explain it. But first and foremost, I wanted the film to be a piece of social satire that needs to be experienced and digested several times."

BTW Drew Barrymore is one of the executive producers of this movie and she is also her kissably cutie best in the movie ;-)

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...