Friday, July 27, 2007

Pleasures...

Hah!! The pleasures of reading a book.... a goood book at that... and finishing it!! yeah... I finished my book.... but then, dont worry, I would read it again and again and again and keep up the promise of reading it for the next 10 yrs ;-)
-----------------------------------------------

Ready to backpack? I just discovered a group of backpackers in Blore... And they are planning for a trip to Pondicherry on Aug 17th night (Back by 19th night)... Interested?
----------------------------------------------

1, 2, 3, ....... Does that count?
Yeah! Stand up and be counted!!

Thats kinda the message my friend from IIT days is helping spread among the working class of Hyderabad... He is working with some NGOs... organizations that are working on transforming the grass-roots level politics.

His vision is "To create the demand for efficient and honest politicians". When there is a demand, supply would follow.. The problem is not the lack of supply of honest and efficient politicians... but the demand for it...

He has been touring various places and colleges recently and engaging the working class in conversations... getting them involved in various ways in the mainstream Indian life.. getting them to stand up and be counted.

He has been participating in various forums and public speeches. Sometime, I shall get hold of his speech and post it here...

This is just my 2 paisa in acknowledging his commitment.

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...