Sunday, July 22, 2007

Some things and a story...

There have been so many people asking me to marry... the greatest of them are my parents ;-) (well... there are others proposing to me.. but then I'm not talking about them now) even the other day, someone very close to me (and whose opinion I value) told me to 'get into a relationship soon'... But, I tell them... life begins at 30.. let me enjoy my life for a couple of years at least! This is the era of 'Kum Chini and Jyada Umar' what say?!
-------------------------------------

As you know, I am reading (and would continue reading it for the next ten years ;) 'The Alchemy of Desire' by Tarun Tejpal. And I have also read the 'God of Small Things' by Arundhati Roy earlier. I definitely like both the books (actually 'liked' the latter, 'cos I dont remember much of it now), but I think the former is making quite an impression on me.

May be, for me, the affectation of the body takes precedence over the genuflections at the altar of the soul. I can understand the language of desire and love better than the language of God and concubine (twins) USP..

I am still far away from writing my comments/review on this one... But, I just want to say....

Having loved and lost is better than not having loved at all.. (Though one does run the risk of turning into the eternal 'safe' devadas) After you overcome the lingering bad taste of lost love, you would realize that love tastes different yet sweet the next time again.

"He and Fiza were so perfect together.. They longed for each other in the most animalistic way... Even an accidental touch could ignite a spark (and the ensuing climb up the peak)... Yet, all of that dissipated... dissolved with the arrival of Catherine... who, BTW, was not even 'real'... she was only in the form of her 'tan leather bound' notebooks..."

Even the search for love is another search for 'neatness' - a perfection that you seem to be lacking yourself... It is that neatness combined with the unknown.. the mystic.. the sensual...... Its all just MAYA!! ;-)

I liked this quote... though I might be quoting it out-of-context...."Monogamy is difficult to sustain without the lubrications of Love"!!

2 comments:

Jammy said...

I don't have much of an idea of the things u have written about, but sounds good :)

Bhaskar Sree said...

Jammy
ha haa!! How can it sound good without you having much of an idea?! you probably mean 'not much of an experience'... :-)

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...