Monday, December 21, 2009

Chinna Star!!

Off late, I (ISay.SoIAm.) have been getting a lot of attention and interest from my Japanese and Chinese fans... Though I do not understand the sudden popularity and fan-following among the oriental populace, I wholeheartedly welcome them to my blog.

It is a grandiose yet humbling feeling to be in the same league as the Superstar! For the miserably uninformed, Superstar is Rajinikanth aka. Rajini - the God of Style. He is the true international film icon from India. He is best known for his mass popularity and appeal, largely drawn from his mannerisms and stylized delivery of dialogue in films. His films run houseful across the world and especially Japan. One of his latest films, Sivaji - the Boss was hugely popular. Sivaji charted as one of the top-ten best films of United Kingdom and South Africa box-offices upon release. It also became the first notable Tamil film to run for over 100 consecutive days in Toronto at the Cineplex Odeon theatre.

The message on the poster states "On the heels of the 175th day screening (in India), the Japanese Rajini Fan Club conveys their congratulations"
For more details, check Rajini's Japan Fansite http://www.rajini.jp/

Anyways, coming back to my oriental fan-following - To be compared even lightly to the "Superstar" takes me on and beyond Cloud Nine. I humbly accept the title of "Chinna Star" aka. "China" Star!!!! Well... Chinna in tamil means 'small' and China is tamil means China, of course.

I recently got the following golden words as a comment (compliment!) on one of my posts: To quote "最豐滿最好之稻穗,便最貼近地面" which means "The best of the best plump rice is the best close to the ground".

Thank you again, my 'best' fans!! ;-)

2 comments:

Sri :) said...

It would have been nice if you had given link to that post for which you got this
"最豐滿最好之稻穗,便最貼近地面" comment

Bhaskar Sree said...

@ Sri

To protect my oriental fans, I cannot reveal the posts... but dont worry.. I will have more coming and I will mention them when I can ;-)

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...