Friday, January 15, 2010

The Art of War!

Now that I am getting married soon, I wanted to build some sound knowledge and fundamentals.... so I started browsing 'The Art of War'... ;-)

You can catch some details here
Sun-tzu, The Art of War

But, here are some quotes that are enlightening!

This is supposedly the last verse of Chapter 3
故曰:知彼知己,百戰不殆;不知彼而知己,一勝一負;不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆。(故曰:知彼知己,百战不殆;不知彼而知己,一胜一负;不知彼,不知己,每战必殆。)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.


Therefore one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great article as they all are. I tease been wondering about this for some time now. Its notable to note down this info. You are objective and balanced.

Bhaskar Sree said...

@ Anony...


Seems a case of bad translation....! Thanks, anyways... ;-)

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...