Friday, January 27, 2006

Doosra!

Its gonna be another 'chill maadi' weekend. With my sis & BIL coming over, we (me n cousins) are going to let loose the party (and the purse strings) :)

Tomorrow night would be dedicated to 'Rang de Basanti'. Though I have heard quite good reviews from the folks that have watched the movie, I am keeping my expectations low after watching Mangal Pandey. I will post mine later..

Talking of movies, I watched 'Green Mile' and 'There's something about Mary' the last 2 night-outs, both for the second time, in between my waiting for results and trial and error method of addressing some issues at work. Excellent movies to soothe the side-effects of sleep-deprivation. I also watched 'The Sound of Music' - a classic - beautiful movie. It is a musical - has songs in-between like our very own hindi movies. Though I am not too fond of musicals, the songs here are very nice, smooth and gelling perfectly with the story. A *must watch* for the feel-gooders. ( I am sure this has been copied in Hindi, but I dont know its name.)

I also am supposed to be meeting a couple of my friends who are supposed to be here for the weekend from Chennai. But then, they are lazy-bums-chums and I dont expect to hear anything from them, not even a purr, when they are here with their loved ones. Though they would be very prompt in sending a 'sorry' note as soon as they are back in chennai!!

Bhaskar

4 comments:

nmagesh said...

"Sound of Music" - Tamil version: "Shanti Nilayam", Of course some major elements were lifted for "Minsara Kanavu"/"Sapnay".

If you like musicals, and want a feel-good movie- watch "My fair Lady" - Kickass songs and of course, being based on Bernard Shaw's play, there is no shortage of political commentary/satire.

Anonymous said...

magesh

no daa... My Fair Lady couldnt sustain my interest... if i had read the book, probably i would have enjoyed it...

Bhaskar

Jammy said...

Reliving 2nd year days with movies?

I guess I am beyond your expectations.... didn't send the 'sorry' note ;) Chill maadi

Anonymous said...

jammy
you know what.. my second year days are going to start once again... 2nd yr post mba ;)
our juniors are going to be in Bangi and then.. Jam has some 500 movies in his collection now!!

chill maadi yaa? podaang goyya!!!

Bhaskar

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...