Thursday, January 05, 2006

Jamboree

It was funnny... to see the Media crying!

It seems they werent let anywhere close to the venues of Aamir - Kiran marriage & receptions (Panchgani/Bangalore). Especially after the Panchgani episode.. they were crying that they couldn't even get a closer look at the entrance to the place. All they wanted was to take a look at the venue, it seems. Absolutely ridiculous..

And then, they went about claiming that the events were 'shrouded in mystery'.. Do they know some such thing as privacy? let alone respect for privacy..

---------------------------------------

How to lose a loyal customer..

I have a Standard Chartered Credit Card that I had been using for the past 5 years. was pretty happy with the card and the service.. and have spent atleast 4 - 5 lacs through the card.. i remember having gotten more than 4000 reward points (you get 1 reward point for the qualifying 100 bucks of spend with this card)

Last year.. they said that I need to pay just 500 bucks and I would get the cards (had some add-on cards too) free for my lifetime. But, when I saw the statement some couple of months back, I found that they had again charged me the annual fees (1500 overall).

When I called them up, they said that they can't give to me for free.. But if I pay another 500 bucks per card I will definitely get it lifetime free, this time. I said NO and asked them to cancel the cards.

During the verification call (before cancellation), they offered to reverse all my fees and charges.. for just 250 bucks (overall). I waited till the next statement.. and lo! I found 250 bucks plus the late fees (900 bucks) on the non-existant annual fees.

I blasted them and they promised that they will send me a clean statement if I could just retain my cards.

And today, I see a statement for 75 bucks....!!

What do you think?

-------------------------------------------

Calling all tamil enthusiasts....

what do you mean by "yaer yeduththu paartha dhilla" ??!

Bhaskar

4 comments:

Neha said...

they just don't learn do they!

Anonymous said...

neha
who? yeah, actually both... :)

Bhasky
(in the lines of Spasky, Rusedsky, Kurchetovsky,... !)

Mandar said...

cancel the cards, man... i dont think they are worth it.

plus, they are making u spend a hell of a lot of money! :D

Anonymous said...

yeah mandar ..
i did just that!

But then my spending is taken care of.. I have 3 other cards now ;)

Bhaskar

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...