Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Angel Falls

Angel Falls.. what a name.. like a paradox.. Truth fails..
But it actually the name of a waterfalls in South America.. Venezuela.. Ammmmmazing place.. I saw it on the AXN over the weekend.. some program by the name "Hollywood's best Stunt scenes". It seems the stunt guys had a free fall of about 15secs in the air before opening their parachutes.

I would love to see the place.. stand on the edge.. and look down the entire length.. Dont know if I would dare the free fall though.. THAT depends.. ;)

http://www.venezuelatuya.com/gransabana/saltoangeleng.htm
http://gosouthamerica.about.com/library/weekly/nangel.htm

In my childhood (when I was abt 3yrs old!), my parents took me to Vizag to one of my relatives' place. He was working for HPCL and they had this wonderful quarters - British style bungalow- on top of a hill facing the sea. We could see the ships docked at the harbour. There was a big tree.. dont remember which one.. just on the edge. And that had a swing on it. And I remember the swing that took one far away.. into the free air.. crossing the edge.. Man.. That was amazing!

I've had quite many dreams in my life related to that particular setting ever since.. I dont know whats the significance.. do you?

Bhaskar

4 comments:

Jam said...

Hey Bhasky,

One recurring dream that I have is that of me falling into this deep bottomless chasm. Try as I may, I never seem to get out of this free fall.

Come to think of it, I haven't had this dream for quite a few years now. Wonder why?

Cheers.......Jam

Deez said...

maybe its a calling...how abt going back to the place and checking out for urself.

Sangeeta said...

I used to have recurring dreams of lizards.. until my homeopath told me to open my windows and sleep..

Well I read this book abt past lif analysis and one of the things that were mentioned there said that dreams often take u to places where u have been to..in one or many of ur past lives..and that's why we usually have a feeling of deja vu when we visit a place for the 1st time. sometime we may also speak a foreign language very fluently in our dreams..

Anonymous said...

deja vu tho... i have it all the time.. but i have never spoken any foreign language or anything..

come to think of it.. its been a long time since i had such a dream.. and once it was something like falling from that cliff.. But then..since its been a long time, slowly the distinction between dream, visualization and momories are very less..

BTW Thats an interesting solution.. yours.. keeping the windows open and sleeping.. how did that help??!!

JoeyT

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...