Thursday, April 07, 2005

Recognition ;)

Life is full of funny incidents. Yesterday was one such day for me. Well.. let me tell you what happened.. and you decide for yourself..

Dell provides door-to-door pick-up to all its employees. Yesterday they changed the cabs along the different routes. The new cab driver called me up, took directions and with some difficulty, reached my home. We were to pick-up another gal on the way to office. The driver requested me to call her and get the directions to her place. She lived at a place called Jayamahal. I spoke to her and took the directions and earnestly lost the way. (see.. it was her fault.. she didn't know how to lead anyone to her house properly!) One wrong turn and we landed in front of the Cantonment railway station. I called her up again, told her our location and got the new route from that place (there are a lot of one-ways in Bangalore, in case you don't know) and again lost our way ;) (I told you na.. she just didn't know how to guide someone to her house.. once a bad navigator, always a bad navigator!).

Ab kya karen.. had her call me and took real-time directions (running commentary types) and finally reached her place. She looked Hep with bandana and all.. but then you know na.. most of these BPO gals are like that.. stylish, sexy, accentuated et al. So, she got into the cab and spoke just a few words and then turned the other side. Well, she had been standing on the road for quite sometime waiting for us to arrive. So, I thought she's probably cursing me under the breadth or something.. she didn't want me to know and hence, turned the other side :) After sometime, I recalled that the group that she was working with was very much similar to my own.. in that.. both weren't part of the typical call-center operations and there were only a few such groups in Dell. I was curious and asked her about her floor and she said 'ground floor'.

Hmm…I was even more surprised now 'cos I was also in the ground floor. Our floor is usually filled with call operations and the babes start pouring in only by 6pm. At 2pm, there are hardly two gals. One of them is quite good-looking, dresses pretty well (no.. not the lack-of-it kinds ;), sexy and all that and I have been 'eye'ing her at times when I pass that corner! Oh my gawd! I realized that it's the same gal in the cab right beside me!!! I didn't know I was so bad at recognizing people.. gals in particular :) She might have recognized me.. no wonder she was looking the other way! God knows what she must have been thinking.. 'sight adikkaradhum adichitti ippa theriyadha maari nadikkaraan paaru..!!'.. 'line bhi maartha hai aur ab achcha bachcha jaise act kartha hai!!' or something to that effect.. my gawd! I had a tough time controlling my laughter. Once I reached my cubicle, I just burst out laughing and all my cub-mates were wondering "what's gone wrong with him?!" :)

Bhaskar

4 comments:

Deez said...

gabbar: kitani ladkiyan thee?
bhaskar: huzoor do.
gabbar: phir bhee chehra bhool gaye.

vajpayee: ye achee baat nahin hai.

ROTFL

Jammy said...

podaa Bhasky. "recognition" appadinnu title-a paarthathum nee etho company-la saathichi award vaangitannu nenachaen. ippo nenachatha kaaya poda vechittiye.

Anonymous said...

vennila: he hee heee.. :p
lekin yeh vajpayee yahaan kya kar raha hai??

jammy: adhukku dhaan ';)' pottaenae daa.. nee gavanikkala nna naan inna pannaradhu ?!

appuram 'patni' vaazkkai eppadi irukku?

Bhasky

Anonymous said...

I thought u had put ';)' to say that u yrslf were surprised to be recognised so early.
Vazhkai athu paatukku poindu irukku. Nothing special. Will update the happenings in my blog :)

-Jammy

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...