Sunday, May 29, 2005

Anonymous blogs vs Identified blogs

There are a lot of things that I would have wanted to post on – if only I had an anonymous blog - which I haven’t. Now that my office people and even my counterparts on the other side of the globe know about my blog (!!), I have an even greater responsibility on my shoulders :)

That actually takes me onto two things.. one, I don’t think I can ever maintain a totally anonymous blog. It just isn’t me. Even if I start something like that, I would leave it unattended for quite a long time before I again find the desire to post anonymously. (For that matter, this blog started anonymously with the blog name of Joey Tribbiani and within a few minutes I knew I would never continue with it and shifted to my original name)

Two, having an identified blog is such a responsibility which increases with the viewership category. If it is like this for me with just a small-time blog, how will it be for a big-time blogger like Kiruba (you know about Kiruba and his famous Trisha post, don’t ya?!?) and for a famous personality.. in real life?

( may be continued or may not be continued!)

9 comments:

Chez said...

Bhasky,

Being a big time blogger in most cases is a myth. Pose this ques to bloggers like Kiruba or Anita Bora and you'll get the same answer... :-)

Jammy said...

responsibility? Bhasky, blogging is a means of putting your thoughts into words, and not of writing something for someone else. Atleast that's what I believe. So there is no responsibility in blogging.

Me said...

Hey .. just dropped in.

Bhaskar Sree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bhaskar Sree said...

"success is sweetest for those who havnt tasted it"
Have you heard of it? similarly, the idea of a bigtime blogger is probably in the minds of the others..

But then, you cant post just about anything you can think of. That is.. I am assuming that a part of being 'human' includes all the good and bad aspects.. the white and the gory thoughts.. ideas..

And anyone who is responsible knows what to post and what not to..

Thanks for the 'drop's.. the ocean is now above 5000 drops strong!! :)

Bhaskar

Kaps said...

Hi! Nice observation. I blog anonymously but the content which I write tends to be stuff which I would like to write in an identified blog. It is a self imposed constraint which I might think of relaxing in the future.

I don't want my current / future employers to Google my name and land at my blog. Hence I am doing it this way.

Deez said...

different things work for differnt people.....

Anonymous said...

I wonder what all we missed out ;)

Bhaskar Sree said...

current/future employers.. thats a tough thing.. yeh.. responsibilities :)

as long as it works.. fine.

quite a lot.. keep wondering ;)

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...