Sunday, May 15, 2005

Been a long day!

Its really been a long day..

First, it was the Bangalore International Marathon.. Yeah! I ran the 7kms 'Celebration Run'. Day begun at 6.30am (what a sunday!) and me and my two cousins reached the Sri Kanteerava stadium by around 8.10am. The Full Marathon and the Half Marathon were already in progress. And there was a huge turnout.. looked like some 10000 or so people waiting for the 7km wala.. (you will get the actual figures in the newspapers in about a couple of hours..) Lots of babes too ;)

So, there I was.. looking to run my first marathon and also trying to figure out if my exercises and joggin in the gym has had any effect. And I actually completed the run in about 39 mins. Thats a pretty decent time for my standards and even among approx 8000 of the 9999 odd brave guys and gals who had turned up there :)

After that, I came back home and got ready to go to my friend's new house Grahapravesham. For those of you who know my batch, it was Sachin Prasad aka SP's house-warming function. And his place was a hot 20kms away from mine.. So, there I was in the afty, getting together with many of my batchmates and having fun and lunch.

Then, I went with one of my friends to his house and spent another couple of hours chatting, bhatting..

And then, at 4 'o clock I was at the MG road Barista for the bangalore bloggers' meet... Only to realize after about an hour that the meet was the St. Marks road Barista. Reached them finally and spent a cool 2 and half hours getting to know these guys and gals.. And generally introducing ourselves and talking and all that. I had known Venkat of IIML and Laka Laka Laka fame, Shub, and Kiruba to some extent thro' their blogs and finally I met them in flesh today. It was nice to meet many bloggers and soon I'll start reading their blogs as well.. You can find more updates and pics on these other bloggers' sites. Also check http://www.anitabora.com/blog/

And then, by 8pm I was totally exhausted.. But then some good food, cool bangalore breeze (when on the bike) and talking to a couple of my very good friends (in that order ;) has rejuvenated me again.. So, here I am at 1am.. filing this post :)

Chow! Bye Bye!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Nice meetin up you man!
Cheers :)

Jammy said...

I miss Bangalore booaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sangeeta said...

Nice talking to you...:)

Govar said...

Bhaski Bloggers meet aah??? :) Cool. More than a year of blogging, me has never been to any meets. :(

And thats amazing that you completed that race. Awesome Bhaski... keep going!!

Bhaskar Sree said...

Muthu
Nice to meet you buddy.. where are the pics BTW ?!

Jammy
I pity you daa ... :P Alaadha alaadha.. kanna thochikka..

Sangeeta
you too!

Govar
Thanks daa! Next time full marathon dhaan ;}
And BTW adhu.. adhu dhaan bangalore!

Anonymous said...

hey first the marathon, then the meet!! cool.. ur having a good time :)

njoy urself,
take care

Govar said...

Hye Bhaski... we are all going to Mussouri this weekend. Justt the weekend alone.. then would be here. So whats ur stay plan here like... i mean, how many days et all?

Anonymous said...

Neha sure.. Thanks!

Govar Oh oh.. If you guys arent there what will I do over the weekend?? Officially.. coming on monday and leaving on tues.. can come earlier.. anyways.. lemme see

JoeyT

Anonymous said...

Bhaski... we are leaving for Mussouri tonight... will return on Monday morning. Call me at 98933-49323 (same number) when u r in delhi... am in browsing center.. guess I wont be online till monday.

Abt the stay, hope ur company provides one... otherwise u gotta squeeze amongst us...3 of us in one room.. what we call 'hell room'. :-P .. max 44 ... min temp is 31.. bhaski.. speak with company and get an AC room. Delhi right now is REAL REAL hell... nothing like I've ever seen... dont wanna see again either. :) catch u on monday.

Govar.

Anonymous said...

And abt the meet... its on next saturday... 29th or the one close by.. not this weekend.

Govar.

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...