Sunday, May 01, 2005

Taek-wan-do

One of my cousins is going to Taek-wan-do classes in the US. He has gone to the US on training for about 1.5 years and he's been having fun there for the past 1 year. Now, suddenly one day he said that he went for his first class of Taek-wan-do there. And it seems he couldnt move his hand or leg the next day. That reminded me of my own trist with Taek-wan-do.

I've been interested and more than interest.. curious in all these karate, taekwando, judo etc since my childhood.. But it so happened that I never joined any of them.. Not that I was too focussed on studies.. in fact, I have been actively involded in Scouts and the Duke of Edinburgh's Scheme and all that.. and I used to play a lot of sports till atleast my 11th std. (I did my entire schooling in Chennai). There were some judo classes happening within the school premises itself(4th - 5th std).. Still..

When I went to Kharagpur, I think it was during my second year, I decided to check-out Taek-wan-do. I went and spoke to the instructor and he inducted me in. The next day I had my first session. It was just warm-up.. Some exercises.. stretchings.. situps.. pushups.. and then I blacked-out!! That moment I decided that all this Taek-wan-do and all is good to talk about and see (others doing it).. but definitely not my cup of tea or boost ;)

Its another story how I started with the gym and how I have done it in various pockets of abt 2 mths each at various points in time.. but, that is something that I'm into, slow and steady!! And I intend to do it regularly from now on.. (I've been gymming continuously for the past one month now :) You wanna join ?!?!

4 comments:

Cogito said...

I share your "love-hate" relationship with the gym too.I can't seem to stay away from it nor can i stay inside it for too long.

shub said...

same here! :)

Sangeeta said...

Gym? Hell no! The thought of it makes me feel so tired:((

Anonymous said...

Cogito: ha haa.. Thats an interesting way of putting it..

Shub: copy cat!

Sangeeta: hmm.. I know what you thought :) Its not so bad.. may be I can give you some coaching on this ;)

BTW, guys.. Thanks.. you made 4000 possible!!

Bhasky aka Joey Tribbs

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...