Thursday, November 10, 2005

What fun?

what fun in writing when you can just experience it?
Indians wrote the KamaSutra and then they stopped writing or talking about it!
'Just Do It'?!
-----------------------------------------

Its been quite some time since I wrote anything much here.. But then, life has been quite a lot of bumps, hairpin curves, pot holes in between rosy, metallic roads.

-----------------------------------------

I went trekking in the interiors of Karnataka along with my cousins during the Diwali eve. Yaana was quite a sober affair while Kodachadri was hair-rising!! The leeches, the thick moist forests, the steep slopes, the tall green grass, the scent of a wild animal... whew!! it was just amazing!!

-----------------------------------------

One of my friends from the US will be here for the weekend and he says 'I owe it to him for the good time I had in NY!'

-----------------------------------------
Gimme more! Yeah, why waste time writing? ;)

2 comments:

diana christine said...

ah, but writing of the experience deepens it, brings us closer to it, gives us a place to linger in it...

writing is different from photography (a beautiful art that has sometimes been a lovely hobby for me), which puts the artist in danger of living outside the experience. one writing of an experience (doing it well) is forced to experience it more deeply to be able to bring it to the page.

when time prevents (which it often does), i choose the experience over the writing. but i lose something of it if i don't have the time to express it with my pen...

well, this is what i think anyway...

Anonymous said...

Heh FE! good to have you here..

what you say is quite valid... writing deepens and enriches the experience.. and helps one 'linger' as you say..

But that is exactly why I am wary of writing... I have a feeling that people get enamoured with writing the experience and kinda relive the past over and over again.. thus, tending to move away from experiencing it again..

To dramatize my take on it..
Devdas experienced Paro and then he lingered on the experience. Instead he could have just moved on to explore the world and find the other Paros and Cleopatras of the world.

whay say?!
Bhaskar

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...