Friday, March 09, 2007

My Experiments with Experimenta '07

There is this festival (simply, screening) of experimental films at the Goethe Institut (Max Mueller bhavan, CMH Road, Indranagar) going on over this weekend. I checked out the picture play y'day.

It was a collection short films ranging from gaming ( Quake III) to Life in Congo after 30 yrs of civil war. There were also abstract videos like 25/75 which was supposed to be about (2 digit) lottery business in Shillong and didnt make much sense to me (And neither to the rest of the audience... nobody clapped at the end of it ;-).

The piece about Congo was good and a li'l depressing too.. (Background: Congo had its first elections since 1970 in 2004... the country has been ravaged by civil war) It showed a group of children (sons of construction workers) playing at the yard. And they were enacting a story... the story of who will win the election and how the winner would be murdered because he is Rwandan and not Congolese. It shows how civil war has seeped into the blood of these youngsters and I think thats probably why we would never have much economic competition from the African continent.

Overall it is pretty good.. I would like to experiment again.. maybe today or tomorrow.

You can find more details and the schedule here!

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...