Saturday, March 03, 2007

Order

Setting things right and ready seems to be order of the day.. At work, i have been getting all the accesses and making sure my profiles and details are all updated. The desktop that I was working on had come to have just about 2 MB of free disk space. I had the admin guys uninstall all kinda software loaded by the previous user. Visual studio, .net et al that takes up 5 - 10 GB of space... I have no use for them all now ;-)

At home, I am getting my house repainted.. Its such a pain getting these guys to come the day/time you want them to. After about 2 months and 4 different painter/contractors, I finally got some portion of the work started. Relearning a lot of micromanagement fundas!!

--------------------------------------

I dont know if anybody has used this idea. Probably a new form of chatting... When the admin gal was working remotely on my system, we communicated with each other on notepad. Its like she took remote control of the system and started running programs and uninstalls. And she wanted me to tell her which all programs she should uninstall. So, she opened notepad and started typing. And I responded on the same notepad since it is pretty much on my desktop. Do you get what I am saying? There is one notepad application and both can type on the same at the same time. And the best part is each one can see what the other is typing ... letter by letter... all typos and corrections as and when they are doing it.. I think this is much more intimate than our usual chat messengers wherein we see only the completed sentences.... any one has all the time in the world to think and phrase and rephrase whatever they want to say. What do you think?

Well.. if nobody has come up with this form of chatting, its mine to rake in the $$$s!! I shall call it iChat.. or intimate chat :-)

4 comments:

Govar said...

Bhaski... a lil surprised that you didn't know of remote desktop management. They just manage ur entire desktop from other side... they get to see the UI of your machine... and trust me its a big business that Indian companies like ours own haven't ventured into. Theres huge potential in that space.

Jammy said...

ha ha helpdesk guys always chat with us (users) that way. This is my experience from couple of companies that I've worked for.

Anonymous said...

Govar

I know of remote desktop management.. In fact, Dell had rolled it out as a service almost a year back and started doing that for handling its business/home customer's machine-related issues.

But I dont know if any 'Chat' service uses this functionality.

And yes, even the remote hardware/software servicing does seem like a good opportunity. Lets startup, Whatsay?!!

Anonymous said...

Jammy
ha! Using that for 'chatting' is still my Copyrighted idea... ;-)

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...