Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Comedy Time!

It is that time of the year when I roll on the floor in the mornings. It is not another form of morning sickness (pun!), just my morning dose of laughs... these full page color advertisements in the Times of India!! ...From IIPM.. that is trying to goad (daring) students into joining their institute.

All those students (and students' rich parents) who would dare(?!) to part with s**t loads of cash... in the fond hope of studying under the 'visionary' Chaudharis and in the lure of 'international' placements.

I dont want to get into the fraud of a newspaper Ad; almost everybody knows about these fraudulent claims. But, I am tempted to compare the IIPMs with the network marketing companies like Amway, HerbaLife,....maybe I should write a case study! Only that there is neither a 'tangible' commodity nor a 'tangible' benefit (being passed across the network) here.

You see these people employing 'mera papa ka sapna' strategy.. ('My dad's dream!')... projecting the father Chaudhuri as a paragon of virtues and minting money for themselves in the process.

I say 'Dare to think beyond the IIMs' AND 'Dare to ACCEPT you are not good enough' for an IIM'. Sure.. there is room for such realists (vs MBA romantics) in the corporate world.

2 comments:

Govar said...

Daily dose of humour!

Bhaskar Sree said...

Govar
you bet!

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...