Thursday, November 29, 2007

Warming up...

Its funny how things are different here...

For example, nobody knows what a 'fortnight' is... They only know 'biweekly'!!

People don't hire a car here... they 'rent' it. But the rich ones hire a chauffer!!

Nobody 'talks to you after sometime'... they would 'talk in a bit' or just 'later'!!

At the other end, they are a pain in the f*cking ass... They have not given me my social security number yet.. And so, I cannot get my DL... And hence, no renting a car.... Thats a bummer!!!

BTW, that's not a 'driving license'... its a 'driver license'!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Few more

1. "For here or to go" instead of parcel

2. "born and raised" not "born and brought up"

3. "No meat" instead of "without meat". 'Without' word is not understood at all.

And many many more

Venkat

Bhaskar Sree said...

Venkat

yeah... there are lots more.

thanks for adding!

Rani Sowmya said...

Smiles!

Bhaskar Sree said...

Rani Sowmya
Thanks. Keep visiting!

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...