Sunday, August 28, 2005

The Night is Still Young!

cont..1

The metro guys started pulling our legs and challenged us to a dance. The condition was that we three had to dance with one of the babes there at Strata. (We haggled that down to two, as if that made much difference. But in the bargain, they plugged the loophole - we cant dance with the same girl! ) And the odds were very high; whoever lost had to foot the bill.

There we were! With the first round of vodka tonic in hand, we three were studying the field. There were a lot of pairs and there were atleast 3 groups of women on the floor. One group was totally lost unto itself. So, we diverted our focus to the other two.

"That group seems to be scanning the crowd too"

"yeah, but they seem to be Americans. They are probably looking for Americans."

"No da.. Its not like that."

"May be it is not. So, how do we find out?"

"I think we just need to ask. See.. if we dont ask, we would never know. And we would have lost out anyway."

That was me at my logical best! (of course, heroes are the best arent they.. and then I am the author and this story is a 'first person' account ;)

"Wow! my god, its only your first drink yet, right?!"

"well well... ahmm... who is coming with me"

"Aye" "Aye"

So there.. we were inching closer to the group of American babes.

(to be continued.. ha ha)

2 comments:

Deez said...

u love to keep the suspense building.....dont u !!!!

Anonymous said...

deez
ha haa.. whats a story without a suspense?!!
Bhaskar

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...