Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Night is Young!

Statutory Warning: This is a piece of fiction. Any resemblance to the real life is just that.. a resemblance!

What a day it has been.. Slept at 5am.. Woken up by 2pm.. by the high-throated ecstatic cry of Andy.. "Hey! I got a free pass to the Strata!!"

Being in New York was itself a dream come true for me. Just the other day I was wondering whether I would get the visa to enter the USofA. I had the tickets already booked, courtesy the biscuit guys. Yeah, I had won them as a bumper lucky prize of the "Tiger Biscuit Khao, New York Jao" contest. And Now, I was going to a night club in New York and that again with zero cover charges. And I would ensure that my drinks were on Andy.. Can life get any better?!

The evening was spent in the high spirited anticipation of the 'high' spirits. The high (free) spirits are always infectious and soon we were 5 of us jumping into a car and driving down towards the 21st street.

The Strata on the outside looked pretty stolid, maybe because of the bouncers and everything. On the inside, it was pure class. Everything seemed to fit-in. Everything was perfect except that we didn't have our girl friends. Not like they were away someplace else, but we just didn't have one. Three of us, coming from quite traditional families from the interiors of South India, we were not exposed to the idea of girl friends. And the other two, though from more western oriented metro cities, didn't have any girl friend either. (Did you think we got together by chance?!)

And I should add, the influence of New York had not sunk in. But that was before tonight.

(to be continued)
PS: how many of you noticed the link right above, 'to be continued'?! Click it man!

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...