Saturday, February 12, 2005

Chemistry!

It has been a overdose of senti for the past few days.. its time for some light romance.
Its V-day eve folks! What better way to welcome St.Valentine than a love story!!

I’m sure it would resemble your own love story at some point or the other. Cos this is the ultimate love story! Any resemblance is unintentional though very welcome ;)

Love stories come out so well in the first person. That why I’ve chosen to write it in the first person. Let me give the disclaimer here.. This is not my own love story… definitely not in its entirety!


Bhaskar
__________________________________________

Chemistry

It was one lovely Friday night in a strangely not-so-packed Chennai Mail. I donno how I got to think about that day now. Something reminded me of our rendezvous on the train from Bangalore to Chennai.

That’s when I saw her (rather noticed her) for the first time. I noticed this girl who I thought was inadvertently staring at me. She was sitting in the side lower berth in the adjacent coupe. I was just about settling into the lower berth facing her side. I immediately opened my bag and took out my friend, philosopher and guide at such moments - a novel. It didn’t matter which novel, it was comforting none-the-less.

Slowly, I took another look at her. She was now talking to some guy.. must be just another guy, trying his Romeo antics! Little did he know that she was MY Juliet ;)

Something about her caught my gaze. She was very attractive and looked strangely familiar. Poring into my novel I got thinking: ‘Who does she remind me of?’ It was then that I realized that she reminds me of my adolescent Crush, Drew Barrymore! That enlightenment had my heart pumping even faster.

I looked at her again to confirm her resemblance. That very moment she also glanced at me as she paused between her speeches. Our eyes met! It was a little more than a fraction of a second but it was definite. We both acknowledged each other’s gaze. That look was worth a million dollars.

But then, I shouldn’t have winked at her.. more about that soon!

Drew1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no suspense pls write the full stoy and fast

venkat

Bhaskar Sree said...

I can understand your restlessness. But then, love is slow and kills you softly!

Anonymous said...

hmmm very true. its jus that i like happpy endins and baski has pomised a nice one...

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...