Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Chemistry!

Happy V’Day Dudes and Dudettes!!

If you have just wandered to this page.. I suggest you read the previous post “chemistry!” before reading this.

Have (safe) fun! as always ;)
Bhaskar


__________________________________________

The Chemistry! cont..

I was amazed at my own luck that lovely Friday night. I had gotten this ticket out of the blue. Actually, I was traveling on someone else’s ticket. It was a sudden decision to go to Chennai and I contacted our local travel desk.. Bala.

Bala is my friend working in the same office (yes, the same building.. Millennia.. next to Ulsoor lake) who used to travel almost every weekend to Chennai. And he was also a very friendly and cheerful guy. Thus, he soon became the friendly neighborhood travel agent for our circle of friends and close acquaintances – the weekend traveling bachelors. He had even created a yahoo group for the purpose. Anyone who has a reserved ticket to / from Chennai and is thinking of canceling the ticket would contact him. He, in turn, would inform the others thro’ the yahoo group. And usually, there would be no need to cancel the ticket :) (There would invariably be one or two people traveling by bus and any day, train is preferable)

On Friday morning I decided that I had to go to Chennai that evening itself and contacted Bala. As luck would have it, just then somebody had informed Bala about an unused ticket. That is how I had landed my ticket that fateful Friday night.

And now I’m sitting in the adjacent coupe to this dream-like girl! From experience I knew that once contact has been established, one should appear a bit aloof. It should seem as if we are doing something else quite casually and at the same time we should be vigilant for the opportune time to strike a conversation. It is all about confidence and belief!!

Now that she was talking to some bloke half-heartedly (you can know that, cant you?!), I tried reading a couple of pages from the novel. Soon she ended the chatting and took out a blanket and stuff and also the latest issue of the ‘India Today’ and settled into a comfortable reclining position. As usual, in my attempt at reading, I got thinking about a conversation I had had the previous week with one of my close friends. We were talking about girls and ‘sight seeing’ and how at times they also ogle at you. One thing got to the other and he said that he would wink at any good looking girl who is ogling at him.

This went on for sometime and then, she put her magazine down and was looking directly at me. It seemed as if she was trying to make up her mind on something.. whether to make the first move or not?? I didn’t know. But, that moment I gathered some courage and gave her a *wink*!

Even to this day I don’t know why I did that. Anyway, she stopped whatever that she was thinking and was looking at me. She kinda surveyed the scene and the next moment, she winked back!! Man….I was shocked to say the least :)

I froze that moment and I had absolutely no clue what was to follow… but for that, you will have to wait too ;)

8 comments:

Jammy said...

Hope the ending has some kinda twist.

Anyways, I'll ask yr wife 2 read the story n give her opinion on it ;)

Bhaskar Sree said...

welcome jammy! think its your first 'comment' here..

well.. the ending will not have any twist. ending will just end ;)
there could be some twists and turns before The End !

and.. you might have to wait for a long time to get my wife's opinion and BTW do you think i'll leave it for you till then?!

Jammy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jammy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jammy said...

U seem 2 b suggesting that the story is not gonna end for now.
Guess I can get your wife's opinion till whatever you have written. Why should I wait for a long time? Given the fact that the incident is on the chennai mail, I don't think your wife was the person u r talking about /:)

Anonymous said...

the tempo is jus buildin up.. cmon baski ... real awesome....

venkat

Anonymous said...

yeppadi yaavadhu en wife a indhula izhukkanum nnu paakara pola !
dei...podaa.. vaelaeya paaru daa :)

Bhaskar

Anonymous said...

ah ha........this is getting interesting. come up with the finale soon.

Vanilla

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...