Thursday, February 22, 2007

aASHAyein

Why does Asha Bhosle want to shove her face onto our TV screens? That too with all those remixes..... and her friends' remixes...

--------------------------------------------

Have found a new time to pursue my interests in reading... during my travels to & fro work. Its almost 2 hours journey each way and I am traveling by bus these days... its either the company bus or the BMTC volvo a/c bus from Majestic bus stand. (Volvo buses are great and BMTC has shown great insight by introducing these buses on long-distance routes within the city. No wonder these buses are going full most of the times!)

I have purchased the Valkyries by Paulo Coelho for the start..

---------------------------------------------

Saw on AajTak, a couple of days back, the appeal by an emotional father for financial help for the medical treatment of his 8 year old son. His son has blood cancer and needs bone marrow transplant to survive. The treatment is available only outside India, it seems and the costs are a whopping figure.. (dont remember exactly but above 80 lakhs or so)

For a moment, I was totally taken aback by his expectations. Soon, I realized that just TWO rupees from each of us can actually save this kid's life and give him his future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
While surfing in the net I discovered your profile and I love
the work of Paulo Coelho!!!! Do you know that he is launching his new
book, The Witch of Portobello, through his blog
www.paulocoelhoblog.com?
I found it out because i'm inscibed to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
it's simply wonderful!
have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Aarthi

thanks for the info!

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...