Sunday, October 28, 2007

The count is 5..

Only by late evening today, I started to feel that I'm undertaking a trip... That is when I started packing my first suitcase.... But even then, the mood is 'just for a few months' type...

Its like 'I'd spend a few mths (maybe a few years) and then I'd be back - after all, what would I do in that place filled with strangers' and 'let me take some things that would make my stay easier - stuff I cant buy there and stuff I wont need to buy there' and 'I'm still an Indian earning an Indian salary (well, not from next month!)' and ...... Anyways, I had been to the US on two short trips earlier(3-4 weeks each) and I guess 'been there.. done that'!!

But then, at the same time, I am preparing for a long haul... saying good bye to people I know but not well enough to come back and say hi again... saying good bye to people I know well enough and wondering if I would get to meet them again... saying good bye to my own people and still wondering if I would get to meet them again... and so on...

Getting send-offs from friends... one who arranged an inpromptu (thats what she would want me believe ;-) party/get-together [thats so very sweet of her; and she would want me believe she is so by birth!!]... another who was the guest of honor and initiated my shopping binge.... parties with cousins [one at the Windsor Manor with Champagne and all... that should be a separate post!]

So, here I am with 5 days to go and unsure if I would come back... "To Bangalore and all the lovely folks I shared this place with!"
-------------------------------------

"To you sweetie and D apple of ma eye!"
-------------------------------------

One big task done... finalized on the suitor to my Ford Fiesta.. He seems a nice guy and I think he would treat her well.. "To you my darling and to all the rides we have shared!"
-------------------------------------

First suitcase... man... it seemed so empty, but it is already quite heavy... need to check the weight tomorrow...i'm filling the case with all kitchen related stuff... a small cooker.. utensils.. some oil... sambar masala... rasam masala... custom-made masala/powders... ready to cook stuff... And I still need to decide what more to add based on the no. of kgs left...

Any tips??

6 comments:

Jam said...

Hey there Bhasky,

Have always and will always wish you well dude. You, to me, have been one person who's been true to himself in terms of the fact that what's in your mind is on your mouth. What you feel, you say it, and dude, you have my respect for that one attitude of yours, if not any other.

All the best, are probably the only right words that I can tell you right now.

Have fun, keep in touch, keep blogging and KEEP ROCKING!!!

Will miss having you around in Bangalore Bhasky. That's one less meeting that I ll have whenever I am in Bangalore next !!!

Cheers.........Jam

Bhaskar Sree said...

Jam

Thank you da. Your saying it makes it even more special!

Much more than anything, I have enjoyed the time we spent in the campus and afterwards. I'm so glad we met.

I will miss our coffee meets and catching ups... Lets hope you come over sometime soon!

all those verbs.. I shall continue doing that... And you too..

Wishing you the very best!!

Enlightened Soul said...

where r u heading to?

Bhaskar Sree said...

enlightened soul
City of Angels... Los Angeles :-)

BTW, you have a name?!

Jo said...

hey

You have posted several articles since i last visited ur blogpage..
Since i got here only a month back, i can dish out my views.
Carry as much food stuff as u can.. U have lotta Indian stores around where u can manage to get stuff..So not to worry much.. Get a pressure cooker and check out the weather for winter clothing.. I got some documents that say what all u must carry along. But am sure u wil not need it.. If u do mail me..

Have fun..
tata

Bhaskar Sree said...

Thanks! Jo

Wassup?

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...