Sunday, August 05, 2007

A good drive..

As I said, I spent a quick saturday at my native village, Kuruvi Malai (literally, sparrows' hill) It was a good trip down the memory lane, to the place where we (almost the entire family tree of my great grand mother) used to assemble every Pongal (the festival of harvests in the month of January) in the '80s and early '90s.

There was a puja at the Kaaraikandeswarar temple there and I did catch some of the pics of the country life.












I mean.. of all the things... a cot as an election symbol! ;-) Jokes apart, a cot has a probable aspirational value to the villagers who are used to sleeping on the mud floor.

For more...

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...