Friday, August 24, 2007

The Intruder, one

Had a tough time opening the door.. the lock seemed too tight today.. Finally, after about a couple of mins, I stepped inside. I didn't even have the time to switch on the lights. I had to run to answer the call of nature. While I was on the call, I heard the sounds of bangles clinging in the next room. Am I dreaming? Is it really her? But we just broke up last week. And she promised never ever to see my face again. And she had kept her word till date.. no calls.. nothing. How did she get inside? I had collected the spare key to the house from her. It was still in my office drawer. Was that really the sound of her bangles?

I strained my ear to catch some more of the sound. Ha! The neighbor and his blaring horn... at 11.30pm.. that bl#%dy b@#$%r.. Is he the Nawab or something, so people should keep the door open before he even reaches the gate? Anyways, let me focus... nope, nothing.. I tried to act normal.. Finished all the ablutions with the usual fanfare.. As I reached my shelf to pick up the towel, I also picked up the steel pipe that was small enough to be covered by the towel and long enough to be a suitable weapon of defense.

to be continued..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FTC...
OMG, i am sure nothing happened to u, varna u wud not be blogging:)

brilliant writup:)
see ya

Bhaskar Sree said...

Shuz

Thanks! Watch for more!!

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...