Thursday, January 13, 2005

Ennui !

After another week of activity, I'm having a couple of days of nothingness! on campus. Though this is a welcome break, breaks are not always so. Especially if it is a little long, usually at the end of such a break, I end up feeling low and dry. I never thought much about this, but, now that I did, I realized that for me nothing is as satisfying as a task well accomplished or a work well done. I'm not sure if everyone feels this way and how much of this has been the influence of the work culture at the IIM Indore, but that is a different issue.

But that led to thoughts... about the colossal waste that boredom or avoiding boredom can lead to. Some people can go to any extent to get over the boredom. Think of the million dollar parties! The booming entertainment industry throughout the world has definitely at least something to do with this. Not to mention the crores and crores of money washed away in drinks and liquor....

-Bhaskar

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...