Sunday, January 30, 2005

Suveet !

I'm kinda going slow here.. cos it is one of those times when I have classes all through..
But, I'm still very much here!

This is a sweet poem that I came across..

Fernanda, This is for you:
I´ve written imagining your encounter with a person in India as you are walking down the streets and the person is me :).

You come all the way smiling
I look at you
You wear a saree and sport a Pottu
You have a nose pendant
But you look distinct from a land very distant

Oh the beautiful lady I call in silence
Entranced by the svelte charm in front
The smile that has the warmth of the morning Sun
The grace that teaches the swan its gait
And the eyes that speak thy heart pristine
I forget myself...
As I'm lost in that silent eloquence

Lo! as you speak to me
I hear the unheard melodies of a distant land
Singing the language of this universe
Bringing the love of your country men
That competes with the beauty my eyes see!

And as you smile, speak, brush my hair in surprise and leave
I wonder about the moment that just passed
Is it just the ephemeral lightning that lighted up the night sky?
Is it just a mirage that I cannot grasp?
Is it just the morning dew that waits for the Sun's ray to become one with it?
And thinking about you I go
wondering and wondering...
.."Are there women Indian in a land so distant?..."
And wondering I smile at myself and salute the beauty of this world

This message was sent by Yoganand Saripalli to Fernanda Flaminio.

And I found it on Fernanda's homepage. Obviously, she was floored!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I realised you put my poem here...
Am glad you liked it!!!
I forgot my blogger password...although i have one
ynsaripa.blogspot.com...
so posting here as anonymous
Yoga

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...