Monday, January 03, 2005

Blog World.. Here I Come!!!

Finally I'm stepping into the blog blog world! This day, the fourth day of the year of 2005, 4.50am IST, is the day.

For almost a year now, I had been in the stands watching and wondering at the Blog World.

Over the time, my mental picture of it has varied between the big bad world to the bold brazen world to the bright beautiful world. Initially, I was saying that this is just another way of escaping from the real world. It seemed like a way of showing, expressing and finally, owning up one's dark side. Now, just the other day, I was actually telling one of my friends that it is a kind of silent revolution. I am surprised at the way so many of the chennai (read software) guys are taking to blogging and are actually being quite decent at that.

Now, why am I blogging?

May be I just want to have a share of the revolution. May be I just want another outlet to express myself. May be I would like to pursue this like an alternative to diary writing that I thought I would have some day. May be I can use this to channelize my thoughts better. May be I have quite a lot of time on hand these days and I dont know what to do. May it is a combination of all this and more...

Anyway, "Hello World!"

[ Well.. this is my equivalent of a 'Hello World' software program that typically every (almost) programming language book starts with. ]

To end, I would like to dedicate this effort to the three blogs that are open on my comp currently:
http://www.sangama.blogspot.com
http://somethingijuswrote.blogspot.com
http://www.maalika.blogspot.com

plus my friend Sodhi's web page
http://www.geocities.com/ejatinder/

and all the PGP1 Tam makkal!!

cheers!
Bhaskar

3 comments:

Govar said...

Hey Bhasski,

Welcome to the blogging world. :)

Hope u write often... one other blog to haunt! :)

Bhaskar Sree said...

Thanks! Govar n Deepti.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bhaskar
This ride's gonna be long so stay tight...

You know your honest and fresh expression of the reason why you started to blog just made me travel back in time to my first blogging experience.

I was sitting in my office...well stuck in my office for a long lonely night in hyderabad.

There was nothing to look forward to. Going to the place I called my "house" made me just feel like staying in the office forever :)

With no friends and just the computer as my otlet to the world I started to blog at rediff.com. Well its now defunct or so i hope.

And before long or rather immidiately I found myself gushing with emotions and energy.

As we all software programmers are guilty of I too started off with my first "Hello World" blog :)

There was no stopping back. I could just not stop myself from expressing what you aptly called my dark side.

It was only aftr a few days that I sat down to reflect the reason for my obsession with blogging. After working on it for a few moments (days?) I finally arrived at the reason.

It was not until today when I read the word "revolution" in your blog that it just Clicked! and I was transported back to those memories.

You are right my dear friend.
Blogging surely helps one to look deeply inside.

And you know I discovered an amazing thing further.

In Company Ajay Devgan says that "hum sab ke andar ek rakshas hota hai...bus hum unsse bahar nikalne se darte hain".

Well I discovered my rakshas ...he seems to be the an offspring of the greek god Loki - the god of mischief. Much misunderstood. Much misinterpreted. But what the heck he's happy in himself :)

Stay on the ride dude!
Welcome to the blogging world :)

chack de!!!
Jatinder

[some other loki brother seems to be sitting on my username ejatinder so i could not register and am posting anon.]

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...