Friday, January 07, 2005

What did I tell you?

Just y'day I was telling you about Indian stock markets and some bears at work. And today, this is what I find in the capitalmarkets news. (Anyway, guess it'll be difficult to prove the wrong doings)


07-Jan-2005 14:16
Showcause notices issued for markets fall

Finance Minister P Chidambaram has said that core entities have been issued showcause notices for the way the markets fell on Monday, May 17, 2004, reports CNBC-TV18.
Declining to name the entities, Sebi Chairman GN Bajpai said the names of those who have been issued showcause notices will only be released if they are found guilty.
Chidambaram also said that the fall in the markets was quite usual. But, disagreeing with Chidambaram, Bajpai said it was quite unusual for the markets to have fallen so sharply.
Both the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Finance Minister P Chidambaram are in Mumbai on the occasion of 'Pravasi Diwas.'

No comments:

Eternal Life!

Javeda Zindagi  I love this song from the movie, Anwar... just melts my heart every time I hear it. (Courtesy: musicmania from ...